Do you want to study at one of the most prestigious universities in the country? To succeed in your application to Oxford or Cambridge, you not only need to secure top grades, but also demonstrate real commitment to and enthusiasm for your subject, with admission based on your academic potential alone.
Updated annually to include all the vital details of the latest admissions procedures, and packed with essential advice to help you win one of the fiercely sought-after places at Oxbridge, Getting into Oxford and Cambridge tells you everything you need to know to get on to the course of your choice. It will also give you a good idea of what it’s really like to study there.
With practical, step-by-step guidance, the book will lead you through every step of the application process, including:
- Full profiles of each college and advice on choosing the best one for you
- Invaluable guidance on writing an effective UCAS personal statement for Oxbridge
- Ways to shine at interview, with advice and tips from current students
- Details of the written tests you will face prior to or during interviews, with sample questions
- Case studies and sample personal statements from successful Oxbridge applicants
Founded in 1973, Mander Portman Woodward (MPW) is one of the UK’s best-known groups of independent sixth-form colleges, with centres in London, Birmingham and Cambridge. MPW has one of the highest number of university placements each year of any independent school in the country. It has developed considerable expertise in the field of applications strategy and has authored Getting into guides covering entrance procedures for many popular university courses